Gas Catering Equipment Installation, Maintenance and Gas Safety Certificate

Gas safety in commercial kitchens can be an often overlooked part of running a catering business. However, from a health and safety perspective, your employees must be kept safe. The only way to achieve this is with an annual gas safety inspection. When the local authority inspectors inspects your business premises, you’ll be asked to provide a current gas safety certificate by law. This helps prove you’re serious about employee health and safety and that you’re running a professional kitchen.

We are specialist install gas pipe lines, catering equipment in commercial kitchens. We install every type of gas catering equipment, including range cookers, range ovens, fryers, chargrills + more. We are registered engineers to provide every type of commercial gas safety certificate. This includes CP42 catering gas safety certificates in hotels, restaurants, pubs, schools, takeaways, fish and chips + more. We also offer comprehensive catering gas services, including gas interlock system installation and maintenance.

What is a commercial kitchen CP42 Gas Safety Certificate?

This is the official term for a safety certificate that is issued annually by a registered Gas Safe engineer to cover all gas installation and appliances in your kitchen. These certificates specifically target commercial kitchen facilities. Typically these include:

Restaurants & Cafes

Catering businesses

Take-away shops



Staff canteens

Services without limits

Do I need a CP42 Gas Safety Certificate?

Yes, if you have a commercial kitchen with gas appliances. You have legal duty to ensure  that any gas equipment on your premises is checked and certified by a gas safe qualified engineer at least once every year. Your insurance cover will almost certainly depend on you having a current CP42 Gas Safety Certificate

If you lease your property, don’t assume this is the responsibility of the Landlord. Usually leases include clauses that pass responsibility for gas safety to the leaseholder.


What does a commercial kitchen CP42 Gas Safety Certificate cover?

 The list of safety checks is set down by law and they cover all gas appliances, pipework, extraction systems and gas interlock systems.

What if I don’t have a commercial kitchen CP42 Gas Safety Certificate?

You are breaking the law and could potentially be prosecuted under Regulation 35 of the “Duties of Employers and self-employed persons” of the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations. Also, your insurance may well be null and void.

How long does a CP42 Gas Safety Certificate last?

12 months from date of issue.

How do I get a commercial kitchen CP42 Gas Safety Certificate?

Give us a call on 01793 272624 or email: or use our Enquiry Form. We will visit your premises and provide a quote.

Mobile Catering Certificates CP44

What is a CP44 mobile catering gas safety certificate?
This certificate is a document provided by a suitably qualified gas engineer. Its purpose is to prove that your mobile or outdoor catering business operates safe gas equipment and uses the equipment in a safe environment.

When do you need a CP44 mobile catering gas safety certificate?
If your catering business operates LPG (Cylinder/bottled gas) equipment in a mobile vehicle or outside location, you will require an annual CP44 gas safety certificate by law. Your vehicle and/or equipment will need to be inspected for gas safety by an engineer adequately registered with Gas Safe. You will not be able to operate commercially unless you can provide an event organiser with proof that your gas equipment and/or vehicle has been inspected and is gas safe.
Give us a call on 01793 272624 or email: or use our Enquiry Form. We will provide a quote.

Get In Touch

33 Bradenham Road, Swindon Wiltshire SN5 6EB.